Prior to becoming Mayor, I served as a Councillor for nine and a half years, eight of which were as the Deputy Mayor.
The Bundaberg region has been important to me for many years, and I have a long standing relationship with the community, business and industry.
Throughout my career, I’ve strived to be a strong advocate for economic development and have managed many successful companies and businesses. One of my claims-to-fame is in bringing the first McDonalds franchise to Bundaberg, which I owned and operated for over 22 years.
I have served as a board member on many community and government organisations including:
- Bundaberg District Crime Stoppers (2001–2008)
- Bundaberg Region Tourism (2004–2008)
- Bundaberg District Groundwater Area Advisory Committee (1999–2007)
- Wide Bay Burnett Regional Organisations of Councils (2012 – Current)
- Bundaberg Christian College (1995–2013).
Other notable community involvement includes:
- Patron TPI (Totally and Permanently Incapacitated) Association
- Co-Patron Bundaberg Marine Rescue
- Vice Patron Surf Lifesaving Queensland
- Patron Bundaberg Police Citizens Youth Club (PCYC)
- Hon Vice President Bundaberg Clay Target Club Inc
- Patron of the Bundaberg Football Association
- Rural Fire Warden for the Ashfield and Windermere Rural Fire Districts.I worked on the Fred Haigh Dam (Monduran Dam) and the Irrigation Channel Line that provides water to our farms and townships in the Bundaberg region.
I also worked on the development of the Bundaberg Port, the building and construction of the sugar sheds and ship loader.
On a personal level have been happily married for over 43 years to Joy Forman.
We have been blessed with three sons and six grandchildren.